R.E. MILLER PTY LTD, (ABN: 75 000 923 464), trading as Miller Camera Support Equipment(“Miller” or “We”, “Us”, “Our”) take your privacy very seriously.
Miller’s commitment to our web users’ privacy and the full disclosure of our information gathering, dissemination and storage practices is evidence of that commitment.
Miller adheres to the Australian Privacy Principles contained within the Privacy Act, 1988 (Cth). The data we collect is not sold, traded or made accessible in any way to any other entity which are not related parties of Miller or otherwise authorised in this policy.
This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you;
- We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in registration forms on the Miller site test.millertripods.com (our “Website”). This may include personal details such as your Name, Address, Telephone number, Email Address, and other relevant user information required and thereafter provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material or requesting further services; Information that you provide when you enter a competition or promotion, respond to an offer and when you report a problem with our Website;
- Information that you provide when you choose opt-in services;
- If you contact Miller, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Information provided by you in surveys requested by Miller for research purposes, whether or not you respond fully to them; and/or
- Details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
- The Miller Website collects user information. The user information that Miller collects is not sold, traded or made accessible in any way to any other non-related company or organisation. By providing this information, users automatically consent to the use of the information by Miller and its related parties in the following ways:
- To present Miller and to provide information about Miller, its products and its services;
- To issue Miller mailings and newsletters;
- To provide access to the benefits of Miller offers and promotions;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
Where we store your personal information
- The data that we collect from you will be stored at a secure destination at Miller’s discretion, and will be maintained and processed solely by Miller.
- We may disclose your personal information to an affiliated authorised distributors, retailers and/or service agents for the purposes of fulfilling Miller’s warranty obligations.
- We may disclose your personal information to independent third parties only in the following circumstances:
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Our Website and its sub domains may obtain information about your general internet usage and movement through the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website, to personalise delivery of content, to facilitate quick logins, to speed up searches, to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, and to better understand how visitors negotiate our Website structure and its content.
- In the event that Miller sells or buys any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to strict confidential disclosure provisions;
- If Miller or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Miller, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and/or
- If the user has opted–in for the provision of all or part of that user’s personal information to be provided to a third party for the purposes of marketing and promotional purposes.
- If you have provided information to Miller and thereafter you wish to opt-out of all or part of the information set out herein, or to remove your details from the Miller database, please email your request to email@example.com, we will do everything it can to adhere to your request.
- Our Website and its sub-domains may, from time to time, contain links to and from external websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. The privacy practices of these organisations are outside the control of Miller. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Miller does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Miller may at times receive information or stories from users about our products and their application with the intention of posting them on the Miller Website. Users are advised that the information they are submitting becomes public information and Miller reserves the right to edit the information as required.
- The copyright of any words and/or images submitted by a user in this regard will remain the property of the user, subject to a general, irrevocable, worldwide licence granted by the user to Miller to use the words and/or images for the purposes of testimonials on our Website and in other material in Miller’s sole discretion.
- Miller shall not be liable for any of the following in respect of personal information held by Miller: loss of personal information; corruption of data files regarding the information; inadvertent release of personal information; personal information illegally obtained by computer hacking; and/or personal information obtained by any third party beyond the control of Miller.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law